Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

map-pin The Official MBP 1.50 Bug Report Thread

• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
07 Jan 2014 07:35 - 01 Dec 2014 06:37 #1
Please report any bugs or issues you experience with MBP 1.50 Beta here.

Be sure to include:
- Your Operating System
- Your Geographical Location
- What you were doing at the time
- A console.log if possible

Thanks,
~Aayrl

It would be super-helpful if you could provide details to what you did before and up to when the bug happened. Please make sure you can reproduce a bug, or provide a good enough explanation such so that we can reproduce the bug. A trace log (hold CTRL+T, both windows/mac) would also be helpful.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2014 06:37 by HiGuy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
07 Jan 2014 08:09 #2
  • On the MP server list, the description shown at right is always the description of the first server, not the one selected.
  • Super Challenge scrolling pictures can be seen overlapping the dialog outside the frame.

Windows 7 laptop, Indiana.

• Thank you received: 31
07 Jan 2014 08:28 - 07 Jan 2014 08:29 #3
1. Installer worked, but loading MarbleBlast.exe crashed the game. You could hear the music for around half a second. In the end I just did a manual install and ignition plug.

2. I did a Teleport Training OOB for the finish pad glitch, and got this:
It didn't save as any time on the LBs, though.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2014 08:29 by main_gi.

• Thank you received: 0
07 Jan 2014 08:40 #4
I'm from Australia, running Windows 8.

I've used the installer and everything goes fine till I open the game. I am presented with the registration menu asking me for the resistration key, which I do have, but there is nowhere on the screen to enter it.

• Thank you received: 123
07 Jan 2014 21:14 #5
Mac
East Coast
Level Select

Here's a bug: The Global Leaderboards show the first ten times, but when you click the arrow to show #11-20 (and so on), the times are all "Nardo Polo". I can't add my times to the next pages, and times bumped down disappear.

It is quite consistent.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
07 Jan 2014 22:09 - 08 Jan 2014 00:07 #6
  • Names show up twice or more on website userlist. In game, name displays twice without showing that one client is on Webchat for the user.
  • Usernames and display names are not consistent from user to user. ie: Depending on where you look
  • You seem to be unable to play with more than 4 people in the game.
  • You must check and uncheck spectate to continue spectating from game to game
  • Gem radar does not work on spectator mode
  • Score screen shows previous game results. Lag?
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 00:07 by Ian_Cordle.

• Thank you received: 123
07 Jan 2014 22:43 #7
I got DC'd from the MP servers, which took me to the home menu, then it immediately crashed.

I got: File IO error: Bad file descriptor

This may also explain my issues on linux with 1.14 which got a similar error when I was playing online. Could it be possible that DC-ing from the servers could cause a file to close, resulting in that error? It was right after: Exporting client prefs
When I server goes up, I want to test this again.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
07 Jan 2014 23:28 - 08 Jan 2014 00:51 #8
FIXED: Multiplayer screen only selecting the first server
FIXED: Only 10 scores appearing
FIXED: Displaying usernames instead of display names in many cases
FIXED: "Cancel" button on joining server
FIXED: Double users (webchat and ingame) acting buggy
FIXED: CRC_NOPE
FIXED: Sorting the server list rearranging the icons
FIXED: Way too much server pinging
FIXED: Dedicated/incorrect passwords not working

Working on more right now

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 00:51 by HiGuy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, Ian_Cordle

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
08 Jan 2014 01:01 - 08 Jan 2014 01:01 #9
When will the program MBP 1.50 be uploaded? It just got removed because I didn't get a chance to try it. :(
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 01:01 by brandondorf9999.

• Pyro
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • The semester rounds out!
08 Jan 2014 01:12 #10
MBP issues I have noticed:

The Leaderboards are down, but I presume this is for maintenance.
Advanced has only 15 levels, and there's no Expert section for the base game levels. Was this intended?

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
08 Jan 2014 01:22 #11
Wait, I thought MBP had expert levels.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
08 Jan 2014 01:27 #12
This is the bug REPORT thread, not the mbp complaint thread. If you are not reporting a bug then don't post here.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
08 Jan 2014 01:31 #13
We removed most of Advanced and all of Expert because this is a BETA. The full release will have them, this is just to cut down on the file size.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
08 Jan 2014 01:34 #14
K, which thread do I post it in if this isn't the correct post to do that?

• Pyro
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
08 Jan 2014 01:38 #15

Hi Guy wrote: We removed most of Advanced and all of Expert because this is a BETA. The full release will have them, this is just to cut down on the file size.

Okay cool, thanks for clarifying. Jeff, cool down, I was not complaining, I was thinking that the missing levels had something to do with a client log error or something along those lines.

08 Jan 2014 01:43 - 08 Jan 2014 01:44 #16

Pyro wrote: Okay cool, thanks for clarifying. Jeff, cool down, I was not complaining, I was thinking that the missing levels had something to do with a client log error or something along those lines.

I am fairly certain he's addressing brandon, who is asking when MBP 1.50 will be downloadable again.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 01:44 by Marblr.

• Pyro
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
08 Jan 2014 01:46 #17

MegaMarbler wrote:

Pyro wrote: Okay cool, thanks for clarifying. Jeff, cool down, I was not complaining, I was thinking that the missing levels had something to do with a client log error or something along those lines.

I am fairly certain he's addressing brandon, who is asking when MBP 1.50 will be downloadable again.

Oops, sorry Jeff! Didn't mean to offend anyone! :ohmy:

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
08 Jan 2014 02:17 #18
I was addressing brandon, you were fine pyro.

@brandon sorry, i just got irritated over the last few days with people constantly complaining about the beta. I know you guys are excited, but they are very busy trying to make this work better.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pyro

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
08 Jan 2014 02:56 #19
It was removed because it wasn't finished yet.

• Thank you received: 17
08 Jan 2014 04:07 #20
I encountered a very dire problem after downloading MBP 1.50 Beta 1 (New version, Mac OS X 10.6.8.). I'm going to try one more time, but here's the error screen shot:

[img size=1280px] static3.wikia.nocookie.net/lcf119testing...0/0e/MBP150Error.png [/img]

Edit: Didn't work after either.

08 Jan 2014 04:15 #21
I had that happen to me, and I checked the size of the dmg. If it's not ≈106.18 MB then it didn't finish downloading

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
08 Jan 2014 04:20 - 08 Jan 2014 04:22 #22
I may have to agree about that downloading bug which is not forcing the file to finish downloading so that it can be usable for my game. I'm afraid the staff are going to have to fix the download bug that's causing the downloads to stop at a specific size and does not finish. It's corrupted when files like those programs aren't finished downloading. Hopefully, they should be able to fix that bug later.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 04:22 by brandondorf9999.

• Thank you received: 31
08 Jan 2014 05:44 #23
3. In the settings menu, the Custom Resolution button images (hover and not-hovered) are inconsistent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RandomityGuy

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
08 Jan 2014 16:04 #24
Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Also playing the native Mac Build, Beta 1.5)
US (Midwest)

I was just navigating through levels in the "Play" menu in the online mode when I was randomly disconnected from the server. This has happened about 5 times already and could not log directly back in after being disconnected. I instead had to close and re-open the program to log in again.

• Thank you received: 64
09 Jan 2014 02:01 #25
Windows 7, Canada

The rightmost button doesn't get lighter when you put the cursor on top of it.

There are times of 00:00.00 in between other people's times.

I feel like there should be some sort of indication of whether you've gotten a UT, PT or neither on the offline top times list.

Every time I complete any level on the leaderboards, no matter what my time is, it will say that I have the top time and only show the time I had just gotten on the top five times list. For example, if I had beaten a level for the first time in 3.56 seconds, it would say that I had gotten the top time, which is correct. But if I played the level again and got 3.87 seconds, it would say that I had gotten the top time again, and only 3.87 seconds would be displayed on the top five times list.

09 Jan 2014 03:26 #26
Mac(s), mac build 1.5b
US

With two Macs connected to the same router and one of them hosting, the other will not be able to connect to said server via server browser (at least for me). It gives a timeout message, but if I connect with internal ip address it will work

09 Jan 2014 05:39 #27
OS X 10.9.1
IL
Hosting a game on Horizon with PlayerAPI and a guest.

MBP completely froze. Rolling sound started looping. PlayerAPI said he got the LAG symbol or icon or something. Nothing specific triggered it that I can tell. I wasn't doing anything other than rolling/jumping on a platform.

Perhaps you could check out the GUI of the Super Challenges again? The information that is displayed for different challenges is sometimes different.

Also, as someone who hasn't had access to the LBs until now, I'm struggling to figure out how/when/where level times are recorded and stored.

For multiple hosts, I am unable to connect to them. It will timeout every time. Additionally, some servers don't always show up in the list even if they are active.

While playing a Super Challenge, my sound suddenly disappeared. I have had this happen to me years ago, so it's not inherent to this beta. First it just loses the music and the rolling SFX, Set, and Go. Then the Ready and the marble impact SFXs disappeared a few minutes later.

Should we post MBP feedback here as well, or should a new thread be made? I was wondering if the global chat could be buffed a bit, with at least timestamps, and also perhaps better formatting.

09 Jan 2014 20:51 - 09 Jan 2014 20:53 #28
Can't log in to leaderboards
Code:
platinumbeta/leaderboards/multiplayer/MPMarbleSelectionDlg.gui (212): Unable to find function LBAssert Missing file: platinumbeta/dev/cyclicRedundancyCheckGen.cs!

these are the only 2 errors I found from log.
(Win 7)
Last edit: 09 Jan 2014 20:53 by Pokko.

09 Jan 2014 22:52 #29
Mac OS 10.9.1
MBP 1.50 b1.5
West Coast, US

Game crashes on any attempt to set display settings to 32-bit color and fullscreen. Order does not matter, these settings can be applied in any order, but it crashes without fail when applying settings that have both fullscreen and 32-bit color. Fullscreen works beautifully in Windows version via WINE.
Console log Snippet:
Code:
Attempting to change display settings to fullscreen 1280x800x32... DSp Error: Invalid attributes DSpContext_Reserve() had an error.

Game freezes and must be forcibly terminated following this sequence of events: 1. Login to leaderboards 2. Enter a level 3. Exit level (from pause menu, or by finishing) 4. Click Log Out
The game returns to the main menu, and after about a second freezes completely. Nothing funny looking in log, last line is 'Exporting Client Prefs'. Did not test on Windows/WINE.

Local times (only for the level being played) wiped after every finish when playing online. Any times from offline play also cleared. Radiant Vibe also mentioned this.

• Pyro
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
10 Jan 2014 00:18 #30
Hey guys,

I've noticed a small bug that has no effect on gameplay. When I click exit on the main menu, the game crashes. This isn't really a big deal since I'm trying to exit the game anyways, just thought I'd let you know.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.098 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.